The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.
So we launched a Kickstarter a couple hours ago and…yeah, we’re half way there….uhhhh…woah.
I suppose I should also tell you about the Kickstarter which includes:
- A “Lizzie Bennet Edition” of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen with an introduciton by me (yes, we’re printing up copies of P&P because THERE AREN’T ENOUGH IN THE WORLD! The book is being designed by Karen Kavett, and she’s doing an amazing job
- A 8-9 disc DVD set (we’re not sure yet) which will include all of the content that was part of the project as well as out-takes, episode commentaries, interviews with cast members, writers, and creators, and little featurettes.
And with this we are raising money to:
- Produce a new series based on Austen’s unfinished novel “Sanditon.” Gigi Darcy will be the heroine in this short tale, which will bridge the gap before we launch our next big series in July (which we don’t need to kickstart because it has already been funded thanks to Deca.)
- Produce all of the bonus content for the DVDs and actually manufacture them (because unlike a 1-disc CD, they’re actually quite expensive to manufacture.)
- Help to pay all of the people that we barely paid to produce this series. The nature of online video (as we’ve discussed) is that it’s very difficult to make enough money to pay more than one person a living wage. The magnificent success of LBD would indicate that we should have been able to pay our actors, writers, producers, and crew well…but we were not. So excess money from this kickstarter will be distributed to that team to reward them for all of their hard work.
And you wanna know something nuts…in the time it took me to write this…we’re up to $40k.
they said it couldn’t be done
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT VISUAL PUN TO HAVE EVER BEEN POSTED ON THE INTERNET.
WHAT IS HAPPENING
PIETOSIS IS HAPPENING
1 can root beer, cold
2 shots or more of Jack Daniel’s*
1 big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- In a mug, pour shots of JD whiskey.
- Add in root beer and stir for 5 seconds.
- Top with vanilla ice cream. Serve immediately.
*Adjust the amount of alcohol depending on how much of a hit you want to achieve.
My two favorite things in life…now become one.
I need this right now.
sounds awesome…even tho dark liquor scares me
I want this right nowwww.
help me rhonda
I love this routine, because it’s not a rape joke. It’s a rape culture joke. It’s not making fun of the people who have been raped, but of both rape culture (not being able to just jog because it’s not safe) but of the idea that the only thing of value in a woman is her vagina.
the only good comedian
Bless this fantastic woman
Yep. I’ve had this exact thought.
WILLIAM S. BURROUGHS: ADVICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
“I am sometimes asked if I have any words of advice for young people. Well,here are a few simple admonitions for young and old, man and beast.
Never interfere in a boy and girl fight.
Beware of whores who say they don’t want money. The hell they don’t. What they mean is that they want *more* money; much more, these are the most expensive whores what can be got.
If you’re doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing; his word isn’t worth shit, not with the good lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal.
If, after having been exposed to someone’s presence, you feel as if you’ve lost a quart of plasma, avoid that presence. You need it like you need pernicious anemia.
We don’t like to hear the word “vampire” around here; we’re trying to improve our public image. Building a kindly, avuncular, benevolent image; “interdependence” is the keyword — “enlightened interdependence”.
Life in all its rich variety, take a little, leave a little. However, by the inexorable logistics of the vampiric process they always take more than they leave — and why, indeed, should they take any?
Avoid fuck-ups. Fools, I call them. You all know the type — no matter how good it sounds, everything they have anything to do with turns into a disaster. Trouble for themselves and everyone connected with them. A fool is bad news, and it rubs off — don’t let it rub off on you.
Do not proffer sympathy to the mentally ill; it is a bottomless pit. Tell them firmly, “I am not paid to listen to this drivel — you are a terminal fool!” Otherwise, they make you as crazy as they are.
Above all, avoid confirmed criminals. They are a special malignant strain of fool.”